UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH – since 2013
- Teaching Fellow in Intellectual Property Law at the University of Edinburgh Law School
- Teaching IP, including International IP and Managing IP, and IT law and E-commerce
- Course organiser and tutor both for on-campus and online students
- Researcher at the SCRIPT Centre
UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE – 2011-2013
- Course organiser for the Intellectual Property Law and the E-Commerce classes for the LLM in Information Technology and Telecommunications Law (Course organisation, marking and dissertation supervision)
- Course director for Intellectual Property Law for Undergraduates (LLBs)
- Co-organiser of the “Conversations on Copyright” Series in collaboration with the University of Glasgow and the University of Edinburgh
- Research Assistant at the University of Strathclyde with CREATe, the RCUK Centre for Copyright and New Business Models in the Creative Economy
UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH – TEACHING (Seminars)
- “Introduction to French Law” and “The French legal tradition and the test of economic efficiency”. Seminars in the Comparative Law course (Honours – Elspeth Reid), Edinburgh Law School, October 2010.
- “French Law and the Internet”. Seminar in the French Law course (Honours – Joelle Godard), Edinburgh Law School, February 2007.
- “Copyright Law and Moral Rights” and “Music and the Internet”. Seminars in the course on European Community Regulation of Culture and the Mass Media (Honours – Dr Rachael Craufurd Smith), Edinburgh Law School, March 2006 and 2007.
UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH – AHRC/SCRIPT – RESEARCH 2002-2007
AHRC/SCRIPT Research Centre for Studies in Intellectual Property and Technology Law, Edinburgh Part time research assistant in all the legal fields covered by the directors of the centre (copyright, trademark, patents, e-commerce and medical law).
- Provided research assistance to the Director and Co-directors of the Centre for their respective subject areas (IT/IP and Medical law).
- Analysed and interpreted statutes, case law, and other sources of legal information.
- Presented the information and updates in suitable formats for academic members of staff. – Updated the Centre’s academic staff on new developments in their subject areas.
- Promoted the Centre’s research and teaching, through involvement with the Centre’s doctorate community and distance learning team. – Created a distance learning module about French law for the LLM program.
- Daily updating and news aggregation for the Centre’s website.
Throughout my studies I have done several 3-months summer law internships in Paris in both law firms and legal department of international companies.
My work consisted principally in providing support to lawyers and heads of departments in research and translation on intellectual property and technology law issues with particular focus on copyright, trademark, software and life science at Latham & Watkins (2005), Binn & Associates, now part of Lavoix (2004) and Cabinet Chatel (2002).
At Thales Intellectual property (2003), I reviewed and analysed all of the company’s IP contracts in order to update the group’s contract database. In the legal department of Total (2000) I audited and improved the company’s knowledge management tools.